Wednesday, December 7, 2011

EDJEWMACASHUN AND A WIRELESS UPDATE...

Heidy-Ho, Blogging Pals!!  Hope all is well with you, your Thanksgiving was terrific, and you are on the fast track to complete whatever Holiday Shopping you feel compelled to do.

So... let's just imagine that somehow my name became involved in judging a literary competition... but only to the point of providing feedback on posters generated by high school students.  The posters had a short list of criteria to follow.  The competition was not so much the artistic portion but the overall success of said poster to spark interest in the book the generator had read.  A little marketing competition, really.

So... let's just say there is NO likelihood I will ever be invited back to the school to do anything at all.  I probably knew I should hold my tongue... but you all know how unlikely that is when I find something which I passionately believe should be pointed out.  I let it rip.  How is it that students arrive in a high school environment without the ability to read, follow instructions, spell (although I understand some have issue with doing so, HAVE SOMEONE CHECK YOUR WORK!), punctuate, or use some vague semblance of proper grammar?  Oh... and when you misspell the author's name or the title of the book... there is no hope.

It's alright.  I really don't think I could allow my blood pressure to reach that level again without risking a serious stroke.

A little update for those who have been following the fun and frivolity of the Smarter-Than-Me-Phone that has refused to function properly since October 22nd.  After the day-before-Thanksgiving call when the young'un on the other end of the line ASSURED me the phone would function properly after his "fixes", I began to have hope.  The Saturday follow-up call revealed the phone to be continuing to operate as promised.  Could it be?!?!?!?

Nah.  You all know better than that.  *chuckle*  I found myself on the phone again with the Warranty Department Monday afternoon, the 5th.  Apparently my current Warranty Service Representative actually paid attention to the previous comments on the account.  After only two very slight questions about the issue, the young lady stated she would be placing an order to replace the offending unit.  Really?!?!?  Finally?!?!?  Hot-diggity-dog!!!  You guys finally figured it out.  I am right.  It is the PHONE!!!

The less-than-stellar news here... they are sending me a "reconditioned" unit which I was assured would not have a single mark on it.  Great.  I'm getting someone else's problem that you guys believe you have "fixed."  Terrific.  Looking forward to that.  Oh... and I was instructed to keep the back of my current phone along with the SIM card and the battery.  Uh-Huh.  So you are just sending the the "electronics" portion of the phone, right?  Right.  Fabulous.  So... I paid $80 more than what this stupid thing runs today for an upgrade, it worked exactly one month and has been giving me grief for over six weeks, and you are going to send me a used, "reconditioned", may-have-even-had-the-same-problems-my-phone-is-having replacement?  Oh... what a warm fuzzy feeling I am getting about this.

I will keep you all posted on how things work out with the replacement phone.  I will not keep you posted on how the students do after leaving high school.  You will know as you begin to encounter them in their places of employment where you have the misfortune of needing to deal with them.  I wish you all the very best of luck and suggest you carry pencil and paper with you so you can draw what you need.  Lord help us all.

Until next post...

No comments: