Monday, June 17, 2013

THE THINGS YOU SEE...

Heidy-Ho, Blogging Buddies!

It has been busy this past 30 days.  No excuse... I know... but I have determined that posting to a blog is like most else in our worlds... feast or famine.  I don't want to post just to post although I know you are kind enough to read it even if it is a boring ramble.  :)

However... thanks to a couple of friends as well as a couple of recent road trips, I have some photos for your amusement.  Without further ado...

The Ascension Parish Negro Fair Association, Inc., was clearly an endeavor designed to move forward in a world that was changing.  My friend, Susie C., sent this to me from one of her road trips.  You can get a little more information here.

Another pal, Debbie J., ran across the situation below and immediately thought of how all of you might so enjoy it!  While pine trees do indeed grow very fast, it still would have taken quite some time for this to occur.  That's a washing machine tub, by the way.


The spousal-unit and I took a road trip last week and ran across something near and dear to every private pilot's heart... a Fly-In!!  Hmmmmm.  Not sure exactly how this one went.  No one was at the little airport when we arrived.

However, on the WAY to the airport, we came across the spousal-unit's very own road!!  Who knew?!?!?



My friend, Charlotte B., and I took a little road trip this past weekend.  She is quite the avid photographer (and a far, far better one than I!) and sent me some of the photos she took on our adventure.  I will share those with you on my next post but I did catch a few shots of my own you might like to see.  :)

We had lunch at a restaurant built out over a bayou.  Directly across from the outside seating deck was a houseboat. There was a water wheel on the side of the restaurant that was interesting, also.


Finally, as Charlotte and I were being misled by her iPhone's GPS (!), we ran across a road sign that I just felt compelled to share.  At least one knows exactly where one is headed when turning here!!!  :)


It has been fun finding these little "jewels" along the road.  I hope you have enjoyed them... and that you find some fun when you are on the road next time, too!!  (Feel free to send me anything you find particularly whimsical so I can post it!)

Until next post...

No comments: