Monday, April 7, 2014

THE EAGLETS ARE HERE!!!

Heidy-Ho, Blogging Buddies!!

I am SOOO excited!  My poor "Golden Years" brain had completely neglected to snap to this year's Decorah Eagles nest.  Some of you may recall that they had built a new nest last year which did not have a camera so we were unable to monitor the laying/hatching/fledging of last year's eaglets.


I am SOOO happy to tell you they installed a camera over the summer and that we have eaglets!!  Here is the info for 2014:
2014 timeline: 1st egg laid 2/23, 2nd 2/26 and 3rd on 3/2. Hatch dates: 1st egg 4/2 9:22AM, 2nd egg 4/3, 3rd egg hatch in progress

You may take a peek at the nest and the babies by clicking here:  Decorah Eagles Nest 2014.  While I do not keep this up & running 24/7 at my house, I do admit to checking in on them frequently when I am spending time at my computer.  Looks like Daddy Eagle has been hunting quite a bit.  I think I can see 2 squirrel carcasses as well as a fish in the nest.  :)  It's easy now.  When those little guys get bigger, it's going to be a full-time job!

I was going to post some pictures I have taken recently but when I remembered this, I felt it was far more important!  The third egg is cracking but the eaglet is not yet out.  Should be soon!!  Stay tuned!


Until next post...

No comments: