Monday, July 20, 2015

JUST THINGS

Heidy-Ho, Blogging Buddies!

Wow.  Time has flown by.  There have been a few things going on that have caused me to not sit and check in with you.  I'm sorry about that but I'm here now.

I thought I had a pretty good handle on the word "hot" and what it meant referring to weather.  This July in southwest Louisiana has created a whole new meaning, I think.  Between the temperatures and humidity, both at very high levels, it has been nearly unbearable.  Of course, we know about that down here near the Gulf of Mexico... but knowledge does not make it easier to bear!!  My biggest fear?  August.

I have had some friends send me some interesting photos and I know many of you enjoy seeing the things that make day-to-day different or fun.  Without further ado:

#1 - From my friend, Susan S., the tiniest Domino's she has ever seen... in Butte, LA.  Any of you seen anything smaller?  Send me the pic!





#2 - The Beauregard Watermelon Festival took place recently.  A couple of the contenders, with their weights displayed proudly, were photographed by my friend, Debbie J.  Yummmmmmmm!  They look like the famous Sugartown Watermelons!



#3 - On a recent morning walk, I ran across this little fella' (?) headed somewhere of which only he knew the location!  He very kindly stopped but remained "out" so I could capture him for you.  We parted friends.  :)


I apologize for my delay in posting but am hopeful there will be some things of interest happening soon... maybe?  Never know.  But I will keep my eyes peeled!!

Until next post...

No comments: