Sunday, November 20, 2016

"STUFF"

Heidy-Ho, my Blogging Buddies!

I apologize profusely for the length of time since my last post.  There have been some changes here that created other priorities.  I do have some photos for you to enjoy, however, and I have enough for more than one post... so I hope to get a bit "caught up" with posts.

With that said, please allow me to provide you with some shots I found interesting.

First of all, I saw something I had not seen before... nor did I know it was possible.  During my early morning walks, I found the usual beauty (photo #1 below) but also found something unusual to me.  Take a look at photos #2-#5 below and see if you notice something.  (I'll tell you what I saw after the photos.)







Do you see what I saw?  The sun has not yet risen and is still just below the horizon... but the clouds were positioned in such a way that the sun cast shadows from below them!!  Yes... those grey areas you see above the clouds are actually the shadows of the clouds!!  I had never seen this before and found it to be completely interesting.

My favorite holiday has nearly always been Halloween.  I remember my grandmother making homemade fudge, cookies, and caramel popcorn balls.  She would tie clear wrap around an appropriate "serving" of these items (2 pieces of fudge, 3 cookies, and a popcorn ball!) using orange and black ribbon to close them.  She would then place a number of them on a tray.  When her doorbell would ring, she arrived at the door with the tray in hand.  I'm pretty sure there were parents who drove their kids across town (which didn't take more than 5 minutes!) to get one of her special homemade Halloween "treats!"  I know my brother and I insisted my parents take us there VERY early to be sure we got ours!  I doubt we would have missed out on them... but we wanted to be sure.  As an adult, I would dress up to answer the door.  One year I dressed as a Gypsy fortune-teller.  I would "read the palm" of each child, taking cues from them about what they liked, etc.  It was lots of fun and they would stand wide-eyed while I told them about their future... which was always good.  :)

With all of that now in the open, I present you with a few photos I was able to take in Texas as Halloween approached this year.








Glad to see there are still those who get into the "spirit" of the thing!!  :)

Finally, I was driving down one of the many country roads here and came across a newly cut field.  The fun part was what was occupying the field!  Little opportunists, these.  I watched them for a few minutes as they mowed across like a synchronized swimming team!




I hope you have found at least one or two things of interest.  It seems like the best things show up when I am not looking for them!  Perhaps that is how it is should be always!  :)  So... don't look... but be aware and keep your eyes open for something for which you weren't looking.

I will try to post at least once more before Gobbler Day... but in case I miss that, I wish all of you a wonderful Turkey Day!!  Find something to be thankful for as I know there are many things we all sometimes take for granted.

Until next post...

No comments: