Saturday, August 8, 2009

PEARS PRETTILY PRESERVED... WELL, PUT UP

Greetings, Blogging Pals!! Welcome back.

I don't have a whole lot to enlighten you about today but I thought I would provide you with an update and let you know about something I'm working on.

UPDATE: We have 12 pints of prettily put up pears!! Yep. The man got busy on Friday and slaved away until he had those pesky pears put up. I am so very pleased with the results. Now then... we haven't opened a jar yet so I can't give you a taste-decision... but I'm betting they will be fabulous! More on that later.

UPDATE: The job search continues. I am almost ready to provide you with the titles of positions for which I have applied to get a vote in on the one for which you all think I would be best suited. *chuckle* I am certain some of them would likely get your attention. I know I have even questioned myself on a few... but the choices here are limited, boys & girls! I forge ahead.

NEW IN THE WORKS: I stumbled across a web site while I was cruising the net last week. Feel free to take a peek at it at http://project2996.wordpress.com/what-is-2996/. After reading about the Project, I felt like it was a small, human thing to do to remember just one person who likely got up that morning (9/11), went through a morning routine, then headed to work with no thought as to that being his or her last day on our planet. I signed up and have been assigned a soul to remember. I will post my tribute on Friday, September 10th, so it will pop in your email on September 11th this year. If you follow other blogs or know someone who does, why don't you provide them with this information? They may wish to participate, also.

Finally, for those of you who know me so well, I have begun tackling the overgrown and completely out-of-control flower bed surrounding the pool. There is a real assortment of plants in there just growing away. While cleaning out a very small first section today, I encountered four plant tags that I'm sure were placed there when the given plant was put into the ground. The interesting part here is that two of the four plant tags identified plants I could find. The other two tags identified plants that absolutely are not in the bed at this time. I'm sure they probably gave up under the overwhelming growth of other things. Wish me luck!! This is gonna' take some time.

Thanks for playing!! Until next time...

1 comment:

Ned Jackson said...

Pear jam on a hot biscuit at breakfast when it's cold and rainy outside. Going to do some world famous mayhaw jelly?