Wednesday, November 11, 2009

METHODIST LADIES BAZAAR AND TOMAS, EL MUSICAL

Hello again, Blogging Pals!! Great to have you back!

Okay. Just a quick post about a couple of things I did last weekend.

The ladies of the Methodist Church here have an annual Bazaar. I have never attended one but I was in search of a knitted scarf like one my friend, Susan S., was wearing when we went to lunch last week. She told me they would be available at the Bazaar which was all of the impetus I needed! I awakened early on Saturday in order to get there early (it started at 8:00 a.m.!) so the selection would be large. When I entered, the first sights I encountered were my pals, Marty and Helen, in positions of high authority! These gals were busy at the minute I saw them and remained so when I "checked out" with Helen (yes, I counted my change!)! There was a LINE to check out of this place!! Amazing. Hope they did well. A few of the offerings:

Cakes, Pies, Casseroles, Jellies, Jams, Cookies!!!!!

The "Kiddy" Corner:

Elizabeth Anne knitting a Prayer Shawl:

And finally, the Christmas stuff!!

I did score two very lovely knit scarves for myself as well as a Louisiana Pecan Cake that Helen made! YUMMMMMMMY! I also got some Mayhaw Jelly for my aunt. Google it. :)

The other fun thing this past weekend was attending "Tom Sawyer, The Musical" which was put on by The Impromptu Players, our local theatre group. It was quite well done considering the number of actors needed and their ages! Obviously there were a gaggle of young'uns since this was based on the "Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn" book. The lead roles (Tom, Becky, and Huck) were played by 13-year olds who did a GREAT job and sang pretty darned well! It was great fun watching them. There were a bunch of other young'uns in period costume who were in the background but also fun to observe. The adults did a fine job as well. The two leading roles (Judge Thatcher and Aunt Polly) had very lovely voices with Aunt Polly really shining in her role. Injun Joe was played "to the hilt" by someone I did not know but found out from one of my fellow attendees that he was typically very quiet and very reserved. He sure stepped out of THAT for his role! :) At any rate, having lost my ability to attend local theatre in Austin, especially my fave troupe, Different Stages, it is nice to have something to which I can look forward here.

So... that's enough for the evening. Have a little work to do this evening. I'll tell you all about that later.

Until next time!!!

No comments: