Monday, February 14, 2011

BIG BOX UPDATE

Hello again, Blogging Buddies!!

Well... thought you might be interested in an update on the Big Box experience and the new bathroom vanity countertops.

So... when we last visited, my countertops were paid for but a glitch in the Big Box system had failed to generate a Purchase Order thus the countertops had not been ordered... I was told. After a refund to my credit card followed by yet another charge for the same countertops, I received a call that the delivery date for the tops (originally given as Feb 10) would be Feb 17 and I should hear from the contractor within 48 business hours of receipt of the tops to schedule the actual install. Looked like everything had slipped a week due to the ordering debacle. Fine. Whatever. Just get my countertops in and call me.

Last Friday, Feb 11th, I received a call from "Liz" at the Big Box advising that my countertops had arrived!! Hmmmm. So the receipt was only one day later than the original date quoted. Guess that's good. I asked "Liz" to please take a tape measure out to the countertops and measure the two-sink top. It should be 12.5 inches to the center of the sink at either end from their respective end. Much huffing and puffing later, "Liz" called me to advise that she measured 12 inches from one end and 13 inches from the other end. Okay. Does that mean the average is 12.5 inches which is what I need? Sigh. Anyway, I told "Liz" I wanted to visit the tops before they left the store in order to set one of the selected faucets in place to make SURE the faucet neck was long enough!! No problem. So... this morning, the spousal-unit and I headed north to the Big Box. We located Liz easily enough and went on a controlled visit to my new tops. A flip of the top and a setting of a faucet revealed that my eye had been accurate. The new faucets had plenty of clearance. (The problem with the exising units is that the faucet neck is so short, the water pours out just barely in front of the back of the sink! What you end up with, regardless of how careful you are, is a pooling of water around the base of the faucet which is unsightly and a pain to have to sop up every time one uses the faucet!! I figure this is a perfect time to remedy that problem.

That's the report for today! The painter did call last Friday and I am expecting to hear from him today to come by, size up the job I have, and bid it. The spousal-unit has replaced all 3 vanity light fixtures (2 over the dual-sink vanity and 1 over the single-sink vanity) and they all look just great. I think these minor changes are going to make a major difference. I'll try to get "before" and "after" shots for my HGTV-addicted friends. :)

Have a lovely week. Looks like the weather here is going to be wonderful and I am looking forward to it!!

Until next post...

No comments: