Monday, June 6, 2011

BUCKET LIST ITEM... CHECK!!!!

Heidy-Ho, Blogging Pals!!  You just won't believe this one!

To try to keep this brief (which you all know is not my typical style!), I had posted about visits to the local airshows in 2009 and 2010.  Both times, I noted my very favorite planes were the "Stearman Twins", as I referred to them.  I had absolutely NO idea who they belonged to or where they "lived."  I told the spousal-unit both times that I would really love to be able to go up in one of those planes.  A pipe dream, certainly.

During a conversation with Dr. George (he hates when I call him that... *chuckle*), I mentioned how much I loved seeing the two Stearman planes at the airshows.  I probably even said something about how much I would love to go up in one.  He told me he might could arrange that.  Now, you have to understand that the reason I adore Dr. George is that he and I can absolutely lie to each other with impunity and love it.  :)  He is a very fabulous guy with a terrifically fun sense of humor.  Did I think that would ever be a possibility, much less a reality?  Probably not.

Dr. George turns out to be friends with the planes' owner, who keeps them (and a few other planes) at hangars at his residence in the country.  Dr. George contacts him and tells him about my desire to fly in a Stearman.  Next thing I knew, the spousal-unit and I were going to a catfish fry to meet Mr. Bonnie Lee S., the owner of my beloved "Stearman Twins."  Mr. Bonnie Lee knew my family and was a very kind host that day.  He indicated we would make arrangements to fly together in the future.  I could only hope.

Without further rambling from me, I want to share with you the most wonderful afternoon I have spent in many, many years!!  A big ol' THANK YOU to the spousal-unit who came along to take the photos so I can remember this one.  Check this one off of the Bucket List!!  Oh... and Mr. Bonnie Lee is the most gracious, generous individual I have met in a long time.  He probably has a gazillion people wanting to fly with him and I'm sure that can be very tiring.  But he made it happen for me and I will be forever grateful to him for his generosity and kindness.  Thank you, Mr. Bonnie Lee!!

  



STRAPPING IN!

MY FABULOUS PILOT!

TAXI BEGINS!!

IT'S A TANDEM TAKE-OFF!!!

WE'RE IN THE SECOND PLANE.

HEAVENLY CLOUDS TO ENJOY!!

WE HAVE LANDED.

THIS WAS MY "WOO-HOOOOOOOO!" MOMENT.

CAN WE GO AGAIN?!?  HUH? HUH? PUHLEEZ?!?!?

MY NEW SWEETIE... WHAT A DOLL!

I THINK HE'S CALLING FOR HELP TO GET ME AWAY FROM HIM!

HE'S MR. BONNIE LEE TO ME... "SWAMP" TO OTHERS.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH, MR. BONNIE LEE!!

THE END OF A GLORIOUS DAY AND FLIGHT.
Until next post, my blogging buddies...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!
I bet that was a blast riding in those open cockpits!
Hope all is well!
Richard Weeks