Tuesday, May 31, 2011

REDNE... UH... TIRE GARDEN UPDATE!!

Heidy-Ho, Blogging Buddies!  I hope you all had a wonderful, relaxing Memorial Day weekend.

It's time for photos and an update.  The tire garden is doing well.  Every plant has fruit or veggie in place.  I have already enjoyed several of the "Juliet" grape tomatoes and am anxiously awaiting the blush of the Cherokee Purple tomatoes!  The "Valencia" bell peppers are looking good with new arrivals showing up.  The "Persian Lime" tree has produced and I cannot wait to check out the newest citrus arrival.

I also have two Plumeria plants that traveled from Austin with me to Louisiana.  One of them had bloomed lightly (less than 5 blooms) a few years ago but neither had bloomed since.  Apparently they like the HOT, HUMID weather here!!  :)  You'll see what I mean below.

So... enjoy the photos.  I hope you all remain well and have a fabulous summer!
First Blush!!















C'mon, Purple!!

You put de lime in de coconut...





Waiting on Orange!!

From odd-looking blooms...
... to beautiful flowers!!































Until next post...

No comments: