Saturday, November 12, 2011

NOT A GOOD WEEK.

Hello again, Blogging Pals.  I am the bearer of bad news and, if you are feeling fragile right now, you might want to skip this post.

I told you about the crazy kitty, Demon, who got himself into trouble eating non-edible items.  When I reported to you, he was improving and the prognosis was good.

Demon took a turn for the worse on Sunday afternoon, 11/06.  He returned to the vet on Monday and it appeared he had developed a blood infection and/or liver infection as a secondary complication of the emergency surgery.  He came home Monday night but went back to the vet on Tuesday for additional treatment.  He came home Tuesday night and remained with me during the day Wednesday.  Unfortunately, Wednesday night about 10:00 p.m. it became clear it was time to let him go.  We piled into the vehicle, picked up my friend, Susan S., who had kindly agreed to ride with us down to Lake Charles (there is no emergency vet clinic in this town) to release Demon from his distress.

So... it has been done and he has likely tracked down his buddy, Dude, who left us in July of last year and is once again torturing him by forcing him to play!!

Louisiana has not been good for my kitties.  I have made the decision that Demon was the last pet.  I have had critters for most of my adult life and I have thoroughly enjoyed each of them.  I think it's time to take a break and not have anything I have to take care of or think about before I make plans.

A fond farewell to Demon who will be missed.  Thank you all for the kind comments and concern about him after the last post.

Until next post...

No comments: