Monday, November 19, 2012

TRIM 'EM UP!!!

Heidy-Ho, Blogging Pals!!  Welcome Back!

It has been VERY busy here the past couple of weeks so I have lots of pictures and things to post about... but just haven't had the time to do it!  With that said, let's get started.

About 2 weeks ago, the local power company (CLECO) had their contractors out to trim around their power lines.  Our lines actually run across the back property line meaning there was a need to gain access to our backyard.  Those of you who know me well know that I do NOT trust anyone to do what they say they will do or NOT do what they say that WON'T do!!  Too many times I have been unpleasantly surprised.  So... after discussion with a supervisor at my front door, I agreed to allow access... but only with me here and watching every move they made!  :)  I'm certain they were thrilled to hear that.  And I did warn the supervisor that I was, indeed, a cranky old lady so they would need to watch it!

The "boyz" showed up on the scheduled day and, after some discussion, began their work.  Here is a view to the all-day process that followed.

Petre's Right-of-Way Maintenance
 At one point, the "big" bucket truck was required.  The "boyz" were VERY cautious, placing large mats to spread the weight of the vehicle so as to not create divets/ruts/bumps in the back yard.  I was very appreciative of their attention to that.

So, once the "big" truck was in place, it was time to begin trimming.



You're sending me WHERE?!?!?!?!?

UPSY-DAISY!!!!

Oh... up HERE!!!!
 While these young'uns apparently had no issue with riding the bucket up into the air, I assure you I would not have taken the ride myself!  They were very careful as they were tossing down the branches and limb, avoiding hitting the shed..


More my speed!  The "baby" bucket.
 The young men doing all the hard work were very polite and fun.  As I was taking pictures, I suggested perhaps I should put together a "Tree-Trimmer Calendar!"  They were quick to volunteer for the months they wanted to portray!!

At any rate, I wanted to praise them for their work and thank them for their attention to my concerns.  There was not a leaf on any of my citrus trees/shrubs that was damaged in any way.  The ground was not damaged.  They cleared the debris completely and put everything back exactly as it had been before they arrived.  After they left, the only clue there had been anyone there was the blue sky that had been hidden behind trees before that was now apparent.

So I thank the Petre's "boyz" for doing a great job and making it stress-free for me.

Until next post...

No comments: