Thursday, September 18, 2014

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Heidy-Ho, Blogging Buddies!!

Well, against all odds and with a LOT of assistance from the spousal-unit (I am neither a sanding nor a hardware kinda' gal!), the nightstand project has been completed.  Did it turn out exactly as it looked in my mind?  Not quite.  But I learned a couple of things, figured out what I would need to do to get closer to the final look I was wanting, and I have a finished product that is certainly acceptable to me.  I call that all good.  :)


I love that my mentor, Shirley, and her sister, Kathi, the proud proprietors of Haven Home Furnishings, actually had faith that my fully left-brain self could eke out enough right-brain stuff to make this happen.  Thank you, ladies, for your confidence and support.

Without further ado, let's take a look at the transformation of my nightstand.

A reminder of where we started.


The process (one coat each of three different colors).
Start with a coat of "Chalk"

Add a coat of "Victorian Purple"

Finish with a coat of "Patina"

NOW LET THE "DISTRESSING" PIGEONS LOOSE!!!!


One side

Don't forget inside the drawer

The cabinet area

Front view
So... hope you have enjoyed my first endeavor in the world of "shabby chic!"  I will say it was fun to see the piece transformed.  Since it will return to the guest room, it doesn't have to be my personal style to have a place in my home.

If you are more right-brain than I and if you enjoy transforming furniture pieces, you should really consider one of the painting classes at Haven.  Heck, the spousal-unit has already offered up a wooden barstool of his for my next transformation project!  I just have to figure out what to do with it.  I'm thinking even further ahead... to the painting and stenciling of some larger pieces!


Lord help me.  I have become a paintaholic.  Sigh.  Shirley... I blame you for all of this.

Until next post!

No comments: