Thursday, April 16, 2015

MORE PICTURES

Heidy-Ho, Blogging Buddies!

It has been raining here long enough to put us all underwater!  Looks like we still have a couple of days of the wet stuff coming.  If you like to canoe or kayak, you might want to think about doing so soon.  Should be plenty of water running to help you scoot along!  :)

As mentioned in my last post, I find myself with more pictures for you.  Nothing too fascinating... but perhaps interesting?


So... those of you who know me know I love real estate.  On one of my morning walks recently, I got quite a chuckle.  With all of the rain, the crawfish had been very busy.  While making the "chimneys" that they build above ground during the excavation of mud beneath, this group of "homebuilders" had done something very real estate oriented.  They had built on the golf course!!!  :)




Now then... I do have a pretty good knowledge base about plants.  I do NOT know a whole lot about trees.  I can identify the basics... pine tree, oak tree, maple tree... but I don't know much at all about more "decorative" trees.  I have this really tall specimen in the front yard that puts on these "nearly-invisible until you are right on top of them" flowers each year.  If any of you can identify this tree for me, I would really appreciate it.  It's very interesting.




Finally, the tire garden has been planted and the tomatoes are really getting busy.  The jalapeno plants are having quite a rough time with whatever it is that wants to dig in that particular tire although they are still hanging in there.  The basil has gone berserk, more than doubling its size in just two weeks!  What a great time of year!  :)


Just planted

Two Weeks Later!  Teeny Tomato #1!!

Jalapeno plants

Basil headed for Pesto!
So now you are caught up on the Spring world in SW Louisiana... at least my part of it.

Oh... if you haven't checked in on the Decorah Eagles lately, you might want to take a peek.  All three eggs hatched (3/27, 3/29, & 4/2) and the little ones are already HUGE and moving about the nest.

Hope you are all having a fabulous Spring!!


Until next post...

No comments: