Wednesday, March 18, 2009

KNOCK, KNOCK! WHO'S THERE? AZALEA!!!

Hello again, Blogging Pals!

I am sorry for the delay in a new post. Things have been interesting and somewhat busy. I'll catch you all up on that later.

In the meantime, let's talk about Spring in Louisiana and how gorgeous it can be here. I know we have visited the first blooms of the azaleas but I wanted to give you a bit more of a feel for how showy they are!

The picture below was taken standing in my aunt's driveway, facing the intersection that is one house down. There are azaleas on all four corners. I hope you can see the colors! The three oak trees in the left of the picture are in the front yard of my childhood home.

The photo below is of a fully-blooming dogwood tree standing behind a row of azaleas. I know the photo does not do justice to the colors but I hope you all will indulge me in my desire to share the beauty.

Okay. Last azalea photo. Promise... for this post anyway. :)

Alrighty. Thanks for bearing with me. Now, to show you the excitement generated by the felling of pine trees and the freedom-feeling one gets when able to "cut loose" in the yard without pine cones or pine needles in the way, I offer our dog-rescuing bud next door, Susan L.!!! (She saw me with the camera and made some sort of gesture before I snapped this, but I'm sure she was just waving.)

And finally, I'm thinking the local Coldwell-Banker company is going to have a little bit of trouble selling this lot based on what is offered directly across the street!!!! (Just could NOT pass this one up. I apologize to any who are offended.)


Thanks for playing!! Hope you are all well and enjoying a little spring of your own!

Until next time...

1 comment:

SW Austin Bubba said...

A whole wharehouse full of PMS???? Lord help us men, Amen!