Saturday, March 7, 2009

BYE-BYE PINE TREES!

Hello, Blogging Buddies!!

I returned to the east yesterday (Friday the 6th). It was an uneventful trip but I must mention the GIANT turtles (honestly... I thought they were Galapagos Tortoises!) crossing the highways. There were only two but they were pretty far apart (well over a 100 mile gap between them) so something must be going on in Turtleland on a national level. These guys were BIG!! Of course, while I had the incredible urge to stop and move them off the road, their size prevented me from doing so. I'm guessing those guys weighed at least 25-30 pounds each. That could cause some lower back issues that I don't want while on the road!! I hope they had success with their crossings.

Okay. So... I return to find the pine trees next door GONE! There is barely a sign they were ever here. I revisit a photo scene or two from the "TIM... BER...!!" blog earlier.






Now then... another little botany lesson for those of you who are interested. :) You will recall the Camellias we visited in a prior post. Very lovely. They are, however, beginning to wane. They are evergreen shrubs, which is great, but the flowering is nearly over. No problem. That's why folks over here plant Azalea bushes!! Heck, there is even an Azalea Society of America!! I am providing a couple of shots for you but check out the links for tons of incredibly gorgeous photos!




So, it's back east of the Sabine. I will be watching for items of interest to report on for you. I believe I heard something about a "Gatorama 2009" coming up but I think it's car-related. Sorry to disappoint those of you who would like to see Gators.

Until next time...

No comments: