Tuesday, July 7, 2009

LOVE TO BE THE AUDITOR...

Greetings, Blog Buddies! Just a quick update for those of you who are interested.

It appears after two re-readings of my water meter (don't ask... I don't know!), the fine city Water Department believed my "accurate" balance to be $65.82... which still seems excessive to me... but what do I know? I was advised to pay the $65.82 and that would square things although I never could get the information on what DATE the re-read was that was being used and IF the "present" reading shown on the NEW bill was accurate? (Did finally determine that to be the case.)

Now then... that was one less thing I needed to be concerned about as I continue to seek employment and hope the Austin house sells soon!

Do you ever look at something from the "other" side, though? I couldn't help but chuckle a little when I thought about the auditor hired to audit the Water Department's books. :) Pretty boring stuff, for the most part, right? Can you picture the moment when the auditor's eyes happen to light upon the $32,586.72 CREDIT issued on my account? You know that, just for the very briefest moment, the auditor's eyes gleamed with the anticipation of busting some wild & crazy money-making scheme going on right here in downtown DeRidder!! LOL!! It probably only lasted a nanosecond before the auditor realized what had happened and had to pass over that adjustment as simply an error in billing. Sigh. Poor auditor.

Just wanted to provide that update for you. Things remain VERY hot here although we have had some rain relief this past week. Grateful for that, I assure you!! Hope the weather where you are is PERFECT!!! :)

Until next time...

No comments: