Friday, January 8, 2010

AL, I'VE GOT A BONE TO PICK WITH YOU!!

Heidy-Ho, Blogging Buddies. I hope you are indoors and properly attired!!

So... while the term "global warming" has been replaced with "climate change", I think we need to take a slightly harder look at how "climate change" is being used. If I am not mistaken, the proponents of same are still on track about how our exhaling (perhaps we should wait?) and cows releasing their "natural gas" are rocketing our planet toward destruction due to the WARMING EFFECT those things have. There have been massive amounts of studies (at I can't even imagine what cost) done to "prove" we are headed toward an earth-fatal meltdown of the polar ice caps, the rising of the seas (good-bye, New Orleans), and just plain overall loss of our quality of life as we know it. We will all be "crispy critters" in no time. Pass the sunscreen, please.

Please understand I am NOT a scientist of any sort by any stretch of your (or my own!) imagination!! Heck... when I was a kid, there were still 9 planets. (Today, there are only 8... although some web sites still allow Pluto as a "dwarf planet"... whatever!) The good news... there are still 7 dwarves. But I digress. So... again... you will not find me poring over scientific papers or journals... you will not find me wandering through large institutions of science absorbing information on each and every exhibit... heck... you just will not find me in any truly scientific environment (or at least not if I recognize it as such!).

However... On Friday, January 8, 2010, in southwest Louisiana, where the only snow I recall during my first 18 years here was when I was six years old... we find the following evidence (thanks to Weatherbug, a registered trademark) AGAINST the use of "climate change" to mean "global warming:"

Important Message

Hard freeze warning in effect until noon cst today. Wind chill advisory in effect until 10 AM cst this morning. Hard freeze warning in effect from 6 PM this evening to noon cst Saturday. Wind chill advisory in effect from 9 PM this evening to 9 AM cst Saturday.

Today
Partly sunny. Colder. Highs in the mid 30s. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Wind chill readings 9 to 19 in the morning.

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Lows around 17. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Wind chill readings 8 to 20.

Saturday
Sunny. Highs in the upper 30s. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Wind chill readings 8 to 24 in the morning.

Saturday Night
Clear. Lows around 18. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Wind chill readings 10 to 24.

Sunday
Sunny. Highs in the mid 40s. Northeast winds around 5 mph. Wind chill readings 10 to 31 in the morning.

Sunday Night
Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 20s.


So, Al... while you stand firm in your (mistaken) belief we are all going to fry like the Onion Rings at Bailey's Restaurant (love those!), I submit to the intelligent people of the planet that you are committed to that belief for reasons of your own... but not reasons provided by science. (I won't even discuss the "fudging" done by some of your beloved scientists to make the information fit your paradigm!) Clearly, as mentioned in the Title... I have a bone to pick with you!!!

So, dear Blogging Pals... don't worry yet about having to purchase those unattractive "carbon credits" to offset your most recent burp!! I submit to you that we are just as likely to turn into "human popsicles" as "crispy critters." Oh... and a word of advice... don't believe anything someone tells you if that someone has even the slightest potential of power or financial gain if what they tell you is believed.

Until the great thaw...

1 comment:

SW Austin Bubba said...

Carbon Credits = Ponzi Scheme

Nuff said!