Thursday, September 9, 2010

PROJECT 2996 AND TWO POSTS FOR 9-11

Hello again, Blogging Buddies! Welcome back!!

Okay. I feel like I have been having a "poor, pitiful Pearl" couple of months and today, as I worked on my tributes to two souls who were lost on 9/11/2001, I was a little ashamed. My concerns are really so very nominal in the overall scheme of things, I am truly blessed. I apologize for my wallowing about and hope that most of you recognized the humor I was trying to impart.

So... I am letting you know I am once again participating in Project 2,996. I found this project last year and feel it is truly a mission that is worth participation. You can read about it more thoroughly, if you wish, but know it is the quest of one wonderful individual attempting to find anyone with a web site or a blog willing to post a tribute to one of the 2,996 souls lost on 9/11/2001. The idea is to generate a "blog burst" on 9/11 each year to remind folks of the loss of these innocents and to make certain we never forget that day. It is non-commercial, non-political, and non-invasive (you don't have to read the tributes!). I like that.

Watch for two tributes posted on 9/11 on this blog. There are many souls who do not yet have someone posting tribute to them. This is why I have chosen a second soul to honor. Please take a few moments to read them and perhaps leave a note to the families at the web sites I will provide you in each.

Thanks to all!! You are the BEST Blogging Buddies in the world!! :)

No comments: