Monday, September 20, 2010

UPDATE AND TRIVIA

Hello again, Blogging Pals!! Glad you're reading!

Alright. The Update. There is none. After the successful MRI and a doctor visit for an opinion, I have been referred to a neurosurgeon in Alexandria, La. My appointment is October 8th so you won't have to hear any more about it until after that! :)

On a related note, I received a call from a gentleman who apparently was affiliated with the MRI facility where I had the horrific experience. Interestingly enough, he mentioned they also managed the second MRI facility where I had a completely acceptable experience. At any rate, he did apologize multiple times and assured me the situation that was so horrific would be resolved. I didn't ask for detail as it didn't really matter to me. I will not return to that facility. A friend of mine, however, will be going there in the near future and advised I would receive a "report" as to whether or not things have improved. We'll see.

A little trivia for you to fill your brain with totally useless information!

The Autumnal Equinox will occur on September 22nd this year. The link I have provided will give you LOTS of information about that event. If you are not familiar with the Vernal and Autumnal Equinoxes or the Summer and Winter Solstices, you might want to do a little catching up! (Remember... this is essentially useless information for most of you!) Thanks to my pal, Adele, for reminding me this one is upon us!

While I like pork as much as the next person, I've got to say that I don't think I could actually sit down and eat at the establishment pictured below. That little piggie is just TOO cute!! I might feel guilty. If you are on Hwy 171 on the north side of Lake Charles and have a need for pork, check it out. Let me know if it's good! Welcome to the Pink Pig BBQ!!




In the interest of dining establishments, my friend, Jo B., felt she had found a blogworthy one in New Orleans. While the photo was difficult to capture and one can't really make out the entire name, I assure you this is the Voo Doo BBQ and Grill!! (I'm guessing they have to do something with all those chickens used in curse-making?)
In related news, there are two (count them, TWO!) new restaurants that have opened here in the past few weeks. Unfortunately, I have not had the opportunity to visit them but I will provide a critique once I do! There is a "new" Presley's Barbeque restaurant. Understand there has been one of those in the past but the "new" one is run by the son of the original owner. There is also a new El Giro restaurant offering Mexican food. We'll have to see if it measures up to the Tex-Mex available in Austin! I am VERY hopeful it will!!

So... not a whole lot going on at this point. The Beauregard Parish Fair, reported on previously in this blog, will arrive in October. Hopefully we can get out there to report on this year's for you.

I hope you are all well and having a lovely September.

Until next time...

No comments: