Monday, March 7, 2011

LIPSTICK ON A PIG...

Heidy-Ho, Blogging Pals!!

Well, I can't really say the title is accurate. The house itself has pretty good bones and isn't really a pig... but it was definitely "dressed" like one!!

So... for the HGTV addicts, I have a few "before" and "after" shots. They aren't great as it is quite difficult to photograph the tight spaces called bathrooms. :) Hope you can get the gist of the changes anyway.

A change that was made a while back (as I cannot stand to cook on electric!) was the switching of the white electric range for the black gas one. So...


The kitchen sink was a nightmare! It was fiberglass (although the inspector said it was porcelain... uh-huh), stained, and had seen its best day the day it rolled off of the assembly line. The faucet was awful, leaked, and incurred my wrath on more than one occasion! So...


Those were fairly easy although the kitchen sink plumbing was wrong to begin with thus the difficulty factor of correcting that before installing the new sink.

The fun really began when I decided to have the most awful wallpaper removed from the half-bath and utility area. We selected a nice shade of tan to lighten it up and the games began. I will tell you about the painter in another post. It was interesting. At any rate... the half-bath had its "Hollywood light bar" and ginormous mirror removed, the horrific beige cultured marble with swirls of gold replaced with a lovely white cultured marble with light gray swirls, got a new faucet, got a new coat of paint, even got a new "chair-height" toilet (!), and looks 1000% better. Really. Yes, I mean to have 3 zeroes after the 1. See for yourself...


Apparently there was a really good deal on that horrific cultured marble in the beige tone with the golden swirls (and I neglected to mention the mega-stains!). It was in the hall bath, too!! That simply would not do... so the hall bath got the same makeover the half-bath received. The blue painters tape was for my use to determine the appropriate sized mirrors for this room.



Now then... there is more to tell you about the Big Box store we dealt with for the countertops. I will save that for the next post detailing the painter situation. :)

I guess that's probably all you really want to see. Maybe more than you had in mind. But I have to tell you that a few small changes can really make a HUGE difference in not only appearance but in how you feel about a room!! Trust me!

So... I will bid you a fond farewell for now. Until next time...

No comments: