Wednesday, August 15, 2012

IT'S FINALLY OVER!!! HGTV... YOU LIE!!

Heidy-Ho, Blogging Buddies!

Yes, I know it has been WAY too long since I last posted but I am hopeful you will forgive me when you see what I am about to show you.

On July 9th, I let you in on my judgmental error... I was going to paint my kitchen cabinets.  Sure.  I could do it.  Nothing tough about slapping a coat of paint (or two!) on some wood.  I was clearly not in my right mind when I decided to make this move.

Six weeks from the beginning, it is finally over.  The cabinets are painted, some have been cut shorter for specific reasons, and I have learned a VERY good lesson.  I am NOT an indoor do-it-yourselfer.  Nope.  Not me.  I will dig around in the dirt all day long... or until I'm too tired to see... but I should stay out of indoor DIY projects.  Yep.  Self-knowledge is a good thing.

I will reiterate that the actual painting portion of the project was the easiest part.  The clearing, cleaning, prepping, and rearranging which prefaced and ended each section of work was the killer.

Without further ado... I would like to present to you my newly configured and painted kitchen cabinets.  I will hold my explanation and comments to a minimum. Please note that I will NOT be joining your endeavors to redo anything in your home... so please do not ask.

The arrangement that follows is designed for you to see the "before", "during", and "after" shots of kitchen segments.  Lotsa' photos coming.  Stop now if you don't want to get involved in my kitchen!!!  :)

THE "WONDER BREAD" KITCHEN!!!







BIG CHANGE COMING HERE!!!

GET READY!!!  WAIT FOR IT........

FROM 3 SHELVES TO 1 SHELF!!!

WHAT TO DO WITH NOW OPENED CABINETS

NO LONGER "WONDER BREAD" AND THE BIG BLACK FRIDGE IS OUT OF THE GARAGE!!!

FROM THE NOW-VISIBLE DEN INTO THE KITCHEN
So... it's finally over.  No more removing of hardware.  No more sanding.  No more prepping.  No more painting.  No more rehanging.  I am SOOOOO done!

Should you ever have even the vaguest urge to "redo" something in your home, I beg you to stop, have a beverage of your choosing, sleep on it, then remember this post.  Heck.  Print this post out and hang it on your refrigerator, if you like.  It is simply not simple.  That's all you need to know.

I will try to be better about posting and thank you all for sticking with me!!

Until next post...

No comments: