Sunday, January 26, 2014

IT'S SNOWING DOWN SOUTH!!

Heidy-Ho, Blogging Buddies!!  It has been a while which is my fault.  Somehow, things just got away from me at the beginning of this year.

So... for those of you from the South, what I am about to share is no surprise.  However, some of my faithful readers are NOT from the South and may find the information interesting.

Southern ladies (of a certain age) know exactly what is meant by "It's snowing down south."  Some of you may think I am referring to our southwest Louisiana snow event of Friday, January 24, 2014!!  I do have some photos to share with you... but true snow is NOT the primary meaning of the quote that is the title of this post.  If you are not from a time when ladies wore dresses and skirts with a slip beneath them, let me enlighten you.  When one was dressed in the items just described and another lovely Southern lady sidled up to you and whispered, "It's snowing down south.", you immediately headed toward the nearest ladies room in order to adjust your slip!!!  What she had just discreetly told you was your slip was showing!!  Horrors!!  Completely unacceptable.  Had to be remedied before you could consider anything else!!

Now then... since you have been educated in something that probably doesn't matter any more (do you or anyone you know still wear a slip?), let me share a few shots of the REAL snow we experienced this past Friday.  It started late on Thursday evening.  When I went to bed, I figured it would stop soon and there would be no sign of it Friday morning.  I was completely wrong!!!  (Al?  Remember me?  You have heard from me before about your "global warming/climate change" fallacies and I have to say this is simply further proof you need to SHUT UP!!)  We all awakened to a very lovely quantity of snow on the ground... where it remained until about mid-day on Saturday!

My apologies for the poor photos.  Apparently when I uploaded them from my phone to my computer, I did something incorrectly.  But I think you get the idea.





While I have actually shared a couple of snow events with you previously (2010 and 2009), this one actually put out enough snow for folks to build short snowmen!  The kids were having a blast and I promise you most had never seen anything like this before.  What fun for them.

So... just know that living nearly in the Gulf of Mexico does NOT save you from crazy cold weather... although it won't happen very often.  My sympathies to those friends living in the North/Northeast these days.  You guys are getting hammered with crazy cold... and it looks like it's going to continue for a while.  Stay inside!!

I do hope your weather has been pleasant and your toes remain warm.  :)

Until next post...

No comments: