Saturday, January 10, 2009

I'M BA-A-A-A-A-CK (in Louisiana)

Hello, blog fans. My apology for the delay in posting. Heck, it's a whole new year since the last post. Things have gotten even more interesting but that is for a later time.

Today, I want you to meet "Pixie." She is yet another "save" by my aunt's neighbor, Susan L. Now I can hear some of you talking amongst yourselves even as I type. Yes, we do call this breed "targets" in my Texas household. Yes, this breed does have a tendency to be a bit yippy and/or shaky. Yes, you are correct I will never own one of these. But I feel compelled to 'fess up to all of you that this little Chihuahua was quiet, well-behaved, lovable, and just plain acceptable as a small... make that teeny... dog.



Alright. Now that the "awwwwwwww"s are done.

My aunt is doing well. Once she got past the pneumonia/pleurisy issue, it was a matter of regaining some strength. She has done that and has gotten some of her "spunk" back. We are grateful for that and looking forward to continued improvement.

I have spent a little time with some more folks I knew growing up. That remains fun and interesting. If you have always lived in one place, you miss out on re-acquainting and finding out what has happened in the past 35 years!! Some folks have taken turns you wouldn't have guessed while others are exactly where you expected them to land. It's definitely a good time.

So... I will certainly try to post a bit more frequently. Please don't give up on me. There definitely will be more to come. I wish you all the very best 2009... safe and prosperous.

Until the next round...

No comments: