Sunday, January 25, 2009

PUPPY LOVE!!

Hello again!

As I prepare to return to Austin on Monday, the 26th, I wondered what had been going on next door with Susan L. and her band of merry canines. We had not heard from her in a while but she appeared to have been quite busy based on the comings and goings of the big ol' truck. Today, Susan L. gave us a call and brought over a new to-be-vet-checked then adopted critter, known as "Little Bit." I think that refers to whatever genes are NOT Pekingese as it appears to be primarily "any of a Chinese breed of small short-legged dogs with a broad flat face and a profuse long soft coat" (Merriam-Webster Online). I think the photo will cause you to agree.



We had a lovely chat and visit. "Little Bit" was fairly content to be passed from lap to lap for petting purposes although she did seem to enjoy her jog around the pool in the enclosed area (where we take the critters when we question whether there might be a bladder need!). Once she has been approved by the vet for adoption, we're fairly certain she won't be waiting long for a new home!

So... a very pleasant last afternoon in Louisiana until I return on February 6th. I will try to touch base while in Austin but there just doesn't seem to be quite as much to blog about there. :) Maybe I just don't seem to have as much "free time!"

Until the next item of interest...

No comments: