Friday, December 25, 2009

CHRISTMAS LIGHTS 2009

Heidy-Ho, Blogging Buddies!! And a fine Merry Christmas to you all.

It's a lovely, sunny day here in southwest Louisiana. Colder than we like it... but lovely nonetheless.

Debbie and I took my aunt out to view the Christmas lights around town a couple of nights ago. Just in case you have not been fortunate enough to see some this year, I am going to post some for your viewing pleasure. Some were sacred, some secular. It didn't matter as the spirit of the Christmas season shone through either way. I will comment on a few but most will simply be there for you to enjoy without my babble!!

Many thanks to Debbie who was my photographer for the evening. We had her in the back seat, able to switch from side-to-side at a moment's notice to capture a display worthy of our attention. Heck... she even got out to get closer to some displays. That is a photographer you don't want to lose! LOL!! I was doing my best to drive at a turtle's pace without getting us run over.

I will mention that T-Claus in his pirogue pulled by his gator made his appearance in my front yard this year. Some of you recall this from Texas. :)

While we were out, we stopped at Debbie's, my friend's, and my aunt's friend's house, Sue, to enjoy her display. Sue had not yet turned the lights on but graciously scrambled to get them all on and running as we arrived! Debbie took a picture of Sue by the car, my aunt (well, actually just the top of my aunt's head!), and me at the wheel from Sue's yard. You can see we are all in fine form for the evening... even Sue's display!

I will also comment on the display below. I had not been aware Santa was from the Caribbean. I had only heard North Pole!! But these fine displays make it clear that Santa hails from parts tropical and might even enjoy a little rum in his egg nog! :)
(Yes, Santa has an "umbrella drink", a parrot, and flip-flops. I call this one "Smart Santa!")

If you think Texans take their trucks a little too seriously, sometimes... check this out. It is full-sized, licensed, and used for business. While Debbie is a very accommodating photographer, I didn't think it wise to ask her to jump the fence to get the shot. I still think it's pretty recognizable!

Alright. I will let you all just enjoy the remaining pics. There were some very lovely displays and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.


Peace and love to you all. I wish you a very Happy and Prosperous New Year!!

Until next post...

No comments: