Sunday, October 3, 2010

LOVE THOSE CRITTERS!!!

Hello again, Blogging Buddies. Thanks so much for sticking with me!

No huge news today to report. The weather has been absolutely FABulous!! Very low humidity (unusual for this area) and nice cool overnight temps followed by reasonable warm temps during the day. Great sleeping weather.

I was fortunate to be at my aunt's the other day when her next-door neighbor, Susan L., had brought over a little "friend" for a visit. They were already in the den and he was apparently doing just fine. When I arrived, I had my camera handy but that may have spooked him a bit. He growled at me... which is unusual as critters generally know I like 'em and are typically ready to play! But I think he was in a new environment with new people and a camera pointed at him... and he reacted accordingly. I backed off to keep him from stressing and was able to snap a couple of shots using the "zoom" feature. Isn't he cute?!?!? Love the crooked mouth! (Maybe he's a politician?) Please meet Baxter!
When I stepped out on my back porch yesterday, I was walking out to fill the bird feeders (those guys are really eating like crazy these days!) when I just happened to glance at one of my Plumeria plants and caught a glimpse of something unusual there. Closer inspection revealed another little "friend" hanging out, enjoying the breeze rolling through the plants. I didn't want to disturb him but he appeared to be completely unconcerned as I snapped a shot. He remained there the rest of the day. Look closely at the leaf in the center of the picture.

So, I think we are all enjoying the cooler, fall-like weather these days. Hope it will stick around for a little while!! Louisiana typically has the same two seasons as Texas... Hot and Hotter!!

I hope October brings health and happiness to all of you! It's a lovely month, usually, and I am holding out hope for this one!!

Until next post...

No comments: