Friday, February 13, 2009

ANOTHER CULTURAL ATTEMPT!!

Hello again! A Happy V.D. to all of you. :)

Alright. I will not give up. I will persevere. Culture WILL take place.

So, with that said, two of my pals here in La. and I have booked our reservations for the upcoming Impromptu Players' dinner play, "The Marquis Crossing Ladies Society's First Attempt at Murder." Let me state for the record this is a local troupe that has been based in DeRidder for a number of years. They have renovated a building, turning it into a theatre for their performances. There seems to be plenty of local talent to fill the roles needed for three plays each year. I am very pleased to be able to support the arts right here in town!! I will provide my critique after the performance.

On another note, I had a lovely dinner with one of my pals here on Thursday evening. We went to a relatively new restaurant, Cecil's Cajun Cafe', which opened sometime this past summer, I believe. She had noted the reason to go there was not so much the fare but the atmosphere and the ability to chat without excessive noise or overhearing ears nearby. I have to agree with her assessment. The food was adequate (although the Chicken and Sausage Gumbo was tastier than I expected) but I wouldn't write home about it. You do have to realize there are not a lot of dining options in this town, however, so adequate is fine. Otherwise, you would have a drive of about 45 minutes to reach a larger diversity of options. Sometimes you just make do.

So... I hope you all had a GOOD Friday the 13th and you enjoy(ed) your Valentine's Day tremendously. Until the next babble...

No comments: