Wednesday, February 11, 2009

THE SUN RETURNS!

Since my drive back to Louisiana on Friday the 6th, it has been primarily overcast. No rain to speak of (which is unusual!) but lots of clouds. A major wind blew through in the wee hours of Wednesday morning (the 11th) making enough noise to awaken me. Still did not hear any rain.

By early this morning, the clouds had all departed and the sun began its rise without anything to distract it. It has been beautiful all day and looks like this fine weather will remain for a few more days.

With all of this balmy weather (in February?!?!?!?), I'm getting antsy about playing in the yard!! Unfortunately, there isn't anything in my aunt's yard requiring play. It is a fully mature yard with fully mature vegetation. I guess I could take up topiary but I'm not certain it would be fully appreciated. :)

So, I will be happy for the return of sunshine here and hope there has been good rain in Austin (which I believe is the case). Funny how there is such a huge difference with only 300 miles in between!

Until next post...

No comments: