Tuesday, December 9, 2008

YOUR WAIT IS OVER!!!!

The digital camera download issue was resolved today thanks to my lovely spousal-unit who was able to provide a "long-distance" resolution. Thank you, Ron-Man!!

Okay. Without further ado, I want to provide you with some of the photos from "Miracle on Washington" which I attended on Saturday, December 6th.

Please pay attention to the first four items on the menu as well as the two items on the right. I'm not kidding. This is what was posted in the window of the little concession stand on wheels. Really. No... I did not try any of these items. I can only go so far for you, my friends.
The "Combo on a stick" contains Alligator, Frog, and Shrimp. Yummmmmmmmm! Dessert? Fried Twinkies or Fried Oreos... or heck!! Why not have both?!?!?!?

No festival is complete without a Magic Show and there was one provided for all lookers. It took place in front of one of the old railcars that has been salvaged and set up as a static display near the old rail station (which is now the Beauregard Museum).

Remember... this was "Miracle on Washington!" It was a Christmas festival! How could it have been complete without Santa? With sunglasses?

Remember the Gumbo cook-off? My whole reason for going? The event to which I truly looked forward? Remember? Soul of the South and all that? Here is the one (yes... the ONE!) entrant who was kind enough to pose with the signage for me and even gave me a taste although it was early! At least he was guaranteed two prizes... first place in his category (he did a nice chicken and sausage gumbo) and the People's Choice award (who else would one vote for?).

Finally, while I am NOT a photographer by ANY stretch of the imagination, I do occasionally try to catch a shot that I think about before shooting. As I was heading back to my Texas-plated vehicle, I saw the opportunity to catch the horse & buggy, the Beauregard Parish Courthouse (the white-domed building), and the old "Hanging Jail" (you can just see the Gothic top tower above the buggy-driver's head) in one fell swoop. Could not pass that up.


So, my readers... this was the fabulously stimulating 20 minutes I spent on Saturday here in southwest Louisiana. Please do not be envious. We cannot all experience such great things. I will share as many with you as I can.

Until the next round...

No comments: