Friday, April 10, 2009

BITTY? BIDDIE? BIDDY?

Hello again, Blogger Pals! Welcome!

Alright. So, what is "Bitty", "Biddie", or "Biddy?" I don't know how it's spelled... didn't ask... but I do know it's awfully cute!

Yes, that wonderful dog-rescuing neighbor, Susan L., has this little girl until tomorrow. Tomorrow, she goes to PetSmart in Alexandria, La., and is probably going to get snapped right up into a loving home. She is REALLY cute and sweet and loves giving kisses! I had been holding her in my lap, got covered up with kisses, then let her down on the floor. She went STRAIGHT over to my aunt's chair, put her paws up on the chair, and just couldn't stand it until we lifted her up into my aunt's lap. This is the picture I snapped just after that. That little ol' weiner dog was just a lover. We all enjoyed the visit.

So, things in Louisiana continue to move along. The appraiser was out at the soon-to-be purchased house yesterday (Thursday, the 9th). The inspection is scheduled for next Tuesday, the 14th. It's all a little convoluted... but understand that it took a WEEK to get the inspection scheduled!! Good thing we had a 10-day inspection period! Yikes! And... getting an appraisal before the inspection report is NOT something I would EVER recommend to one of my clients (why pay for an appraisal if you have inspection issues and can't reach agreement with the sellers?)!! It's crazy, folks. I just keep shaking my head in disbelief and praying that this whole thing works itself out. I am keeping the faith that it will.

The Ron-Man (spousal unit) is being the best. He has been putting up with my commuting since September. Now he is diligently packing, meeting with the flooring guy, scheduling with my moving team, and figuring out how to get himself, a Harley, 2 cats (who have never traveled further than the vet's office but are facing a 6-hour drive!), and a house full of "stuff" over here in 3 weeks. Yep. I am DEFINITELY keeping that man!! The logistics don't seem to daunt him at all. I don't get it... but I don't care as long as he stays mellow and keeps me sane! :)

That's it for now. Wanted to share the new "pooch" photo with you all. Will try to NOT bore you with too much information on the real estate transacting... but it is definitely interesting in this state!

Until the next post...

No comments: