Tuesday, April 21, 2009

ROUND ONE! LET THE PIGEONS LOOSE!!

Well, things have begun in earnest.

The spousal-unit got the 17' U-Haul loaded with the assistance of "The Boy" as we call him (Ron's son). Ron then got on the road this morning (Tuesday the 21st) about 9:45 a.m. After six and a half hours with no shocks, manual windows, and no cruise control, he finally arrived at the aunt's house.

Would have been nice if that's all that needed to take place... but it was only the beginning. There was unloading to be done.



Thank God for Debbie's husband and two of her three boys (Debbie is my aunt's primary caregiver and was with my mother for the 10 months she was in bed before she passed away) who were willing to show up on a beautiful afternoon to help offload the truck into my aunt's garage!! They worked like Trojans and between all of us, the truck was unloaded in short order... probably about an hour and a half. If it had been just Ron and me, we would still be working and it would be tomorrow morning about 3:00 a.m. before it was done!! THANK YOU, JOHNSON MEN!!! :)


In case you don't believe me, here is the proof-positive:



Ever wonder how much "stuff" you really have? Does it frighten you that this one truckload is only the beginning? Do you think maybe you should move more often to avoid having the time to collect so much "stuff?" If the answer to all of these is "YES!", you know exactly how I am feeling right now.



I'm going to take several Aleve (I should buy stock in that company!) and NOT think about the fact this is all going to have to be loaded BACK up (probably in smaller loads in the Avalanche and the 'Burb), toted to another house, and unloaded AGAIN! That's a week away and I am only able to bite off a day or two at a time these days!!

Stay tuned. I'm sure I will provide you with WAY too much information about this move. But hey! It's what I do!! :)

Until next post...

No comments: