Monday, April 13, 2009

THE FOG BLOG!! (Scary music here)

I am aware that there is the occasional fog in Austin. It may roll in, hang out for a bit, then roll right back out again as soon as the sun begins rising.

Not so in Louisiana. When there is fog down here, there is SERIOUS fog! This stuff showed up late in the afternoon Sunday after the big crazy thunderstorms rolled through. It was sitting in the lower spots, waiting for nightfall and the opportunity to stretch its haze further and further. It succeeded. By morning, the stuff covered up most lots on my aunt's street as I began my morning walk at 7:00 a.m. This is what greeted me.
I was thinking about a large lot about 3 blocks down the road where there are some lovely old pecan trees and a couple of killer oak trees set back off of the street. I was hoping the fog would provide an excellent photo opp and was not disappointed.

After my walk ended, I was checking out my aunt's back yard for some stray blackberry vines (and hopeful they were beginning to produce!) when I found the following. The fog is a masking thing... but it can also reveal with its dampness. I only wish I were a better photographer. Look closely for the beautifully bejeweled spider web in the center.
And finally, our pal Susan from next door brought over a little fella' who just wandered into someone's home one evening. With no information, he was called "Drew" after the gentleman whose home he wandered into! Efforts to locate owners have proven futile. So little Drew has had his vet checkup and neutering in order to locate a new loving home soon. I don't think he'll have much trouble finding one! What a cutie, huh? :)

Hope you all have a lovely week.

Until next time...

No comments: