Tuesday, April 7, 2009

YOU'RE DOING WHAT?!?!?

Howdy, Blogging Buddies! Thanks for returning!

Well, most of you know this state-to-state "commute" has been going on since September. That puts me in Month #8 with no real end in sight. While my aunt is doing well (thank you for asking!), she has not regained mobility so the 24/7 care continues. That means a need for monitoring of that care (although the ladies who help us are SAINTS with many many stars in their crowns!) as well as handling of the household. Those things are why I continue the commute.

So... at the point in life when I have little patience and even less willingness to be without my spouse, cats, and bed, there have been long (over days... not just hours), agonizing conversations about "next steps." That "next step" has finally been determined to be a relocation from my beloved, adopted Austin, Texas to the only other place I have lived, DeRidder, Louisiana. I was in DeRidder from age 4 months until my departure to Austin at the tender age of 18 years, 6 months. Austin has been my "grown-up home" ever since. While I left Louisiana with NO expectation of EVER returning, things apparently have worked out differently.

The house search began a short while ago and has culminated in an offer, counteroffer, and final acceptance. We are now beginning the inspection period (option period to those of you in Texas), the ordering of an appraisal, and a very quick run toward a May 1st closing date. That's all I know for now and my brain is beginning to shut down. It has been an intense 5 days.

Stay tuned. I will regale you all with my real estate experience in Louisiana. It has definitely been interesting to this point. It's hard for me, as a Realtor, to switch gears from Realtor to Buyer-Client!!! Lord help the poor man who is working with me here.

Thanks for stopping by. Until next time...

No comments: